OkCARE is a non-profit organizational 501(c)(3) network of Oklahoma agencies, both public and private, working together to provide quality care to troubled children and their families. Organized in 1939, Oklahoma Care is dedicated to serving the needs of children who require placement outside their own home, either temporarily or permanently. While providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and goals, the member agencies strive to enhance the welfare of residential care in the state of Oklahoma.
WHY JOIN OKCARE?
There are a number of convincing reasons to join OkCARE.
- Networking opportunities: OkCARE has member agencies that span the spectrum of services provided to children in the state of Oklahoma. There are member agencies that specialize in every area of expertise from foster care and adoptions through secure care. OkCARE members collectively possess a wealth of knowledge which can be accessed for technical assistance and problem solving.
- Job Postings: OkCARE members share available positions throughout their organizations in Oklahoma.
- Advocacy Voice: OkCARE has a strong advocacy voice throughout the state of Oklahoma and is a recognized authority in children's issues. The Public Policy Standing Committee tracks legislation affecting children and is proactive in addressing issues that confront residential care providers. OkCARE members sit on all important boards and commissions that impact children, two such bodies by statutory mandate. Additionally, OkCARE hosts a legislative breakfast at the Capitol each session to educate lawmakers about issues affecting children and residential care.
- Spring & Fall Meetings: OkCARE sponsors a Spring and Fall Conference which offer training from local, regional, and nationally know speakers. It also serves as a forum to exchange ideas, offer solutions and foster collaboration between member agencies and the entities that regulate them.
Certified Child Care Workers: OkCARE Certifies Child Care Workers and Trainers under the Kentucky Curriculum. OkCARE has the rights to update and distribute this curriculum to OkCARE members. Once you have joined OkCARE, you will receive access to the curriculum and all training. OkCARE also holds an annual Certified Child Care Workers Conference. This workshop is a one day event with a nationally recognized motivational speaker. During this training, all OkCARE certified child care workers will be recognized during a banquet and receive their OkCARE certification pin.
OkCARE MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
- Full Membership includes eligibility to hold office, vote and participate on committees. Full members receive a reduced registration fee for Spring and Fall Meeting and Certification Conference.
- Associate Members may participate on committees with the approval of the Board, but are not eligible to hold office or vote in business meetings. Adjusted registration fees are offered for all meetings and conferences.
- Individual Members may participate on committees and hold office with the approval of the Board.