Mission: Oklahoma Children’s Agencies and Residential Enterprises, Inc.
It is t he mission of OkCARE to improve the quality of life of children in the State of Oklahoma, especially those who require placement outside their homes; to formulate and promote standards for quality child care service and practice; to facilitate the education of child care professionals and to engage in and promote study and research concerning the care of children.
President: Jason Charles, Sand Springs Home
Vice President: Don Batson, Circle of Care
Secretary: Dennis Smith, The Tipton Home, Inc.
Treasurer: Scott Pallett, OBHC, Owasso
Past President: Jerry Kramer, Cookson Hills
Public Education Chair: Art Brown, OBHC, Madill
Public Policy & Child Care Advisory Rep: Bryan Larison, OK Lions Boys Ranch
Membership: Jerry Fry, White Fields, Inc.
OCCY Rep: Brent Thackerson, OBHC, Boys Ranch Town
Certification Chair: Pat Row, DHS, Child Welfare
OkCARE Coordinator: Heather Charles
Member agencies provide services to a wide variety of troubled families and youth through:
1. Residential Services
2. Family Reunification
3. Foster Care
4. Psychiatric Services
5. Educational Services
6. Adoption Services
7. Substance Abuse Prevention
8. Independent Living Skills
9. Individual, Group, and Family Therapy
10. Medical Services
11. Vocational Training Assistance
OkCARE Committees: Standing committees work towardestablishment and accomplishment of specific goals, and toimprove the overall professional effectiveness of OkCARE.
- Public Education: Publishing and distributing information that will advance the future of children. Oversee changes to website and Directory of Child Care Services provided on website.
- Certification: Facilitating and certifying the education and training of child care professionals.
- Public Policy: Informing and involving members and agencies regarding public policy issues affecting children.